If you need a list of companies that might be competition to your new bagel startup or stats that'll make entering the high-end logging industry a little easier...
If you have a meeting with an investor coming up in 2 days and you know she's going to ask you questions you don't have the answers to..
If you're tired of waiting and want to start as soon as possible, but don't need a 40 page report on the information you're lacking...
If you know your answer is out there, but you don't have the time to go looking for it...
Let me introduce you to your new best friend, the Lightning Round.
Your biggest information mystery solved in 24 hours or less for just $95
The Lightning Round is 1:1 information consulting and research designed to give you the information you need, quickly and efficiently.
What You’ll Get:
- A free e-mail consult where you’ll tell me about your question/problem.
- A report detailing what I did and how.
- A deliverable appropriate to the scope and nature of your question.
- Peace of mind and the answers you need to start moving forward with your ideas, products, and strategies.
- More time to focus on the rest of the work you need to build something great.
Caveat: I'll only take on questions and projects I know I can answer within the parameters of this service. Not all questions are a good fit for this service. If it's not, i'd still love to help you and it's highly likely one of my other research services will fit your needs. I'll fill you in if that situation arises.
Think of the lightning round as a taste of the information out there. An introduction to what you can find. It's perfect if you're stuck in thinking mode and don't have any more time to waste by not taking action. The Lightning Round can deliver the answers you need to get started, fast.
Want to run your question by me to see if it's a good fit? Let's talk: firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear all about it.
Ready To Get Started? Here's What Comes Next:
- Click the Get Started! button below to be taken to the online contact form.
- Fill out the form with as much information as possible.
- I'll send you an email letting you know I received your request, and I'll include any follow up questions I have. I'll also go over the the terms at this time and send you an invoice for $95
- Once payment is squared away, I'll get to work.
- In abut 24 hours, you'll hear from me again, this time with the answers you're seeking!
What Kinds of Questions are a Good Fit For the Lightning Round?
Questions like the following examples are usually a good fit for the Lightning Round
- How many 24 hour bagel shops are there in Akron?
- What’s the most popular programming language right now in the US?
- Can you get me a copy of this article on peanut butter flavored dog toothpaste from the June 1998 issue of Dog Fancy?
- What are the biggest complaints about the top 3 organic laundry detergents?
- What’s the origin of this quote I found? Did Bill Gates really say this?
- How popular are beard grooming kits?
- Is the orthopedic shoe industry expected to grow in the next decade?
The Lightning Round is perfect for stats and facts that aren't easily Googleable or require a few different sources to answer or need a bit of analysis to massage the answer out of the raw data, but still won't require in depth write ups or lengthy reports.
What Kinds of Questions Are Not A Good Fit For the Lightning Round?
Questions like the following examples are usually not such a good choice for the lightning round:
- Can I get a complete profile of the orthopedic shoe industry?
- I need a list of all the doctors in the Southern US who specialize in pediatric podiatry, along with complete contact info.
- I need a report on the latest developments in the cyber security space, along with an annotated bibliography of recent articles.
- What can I do to differentiate from my competitors?
- What can you tell me about my target market of single fathers who own their own businesses?
- Is now a good time to open a luxury barber supply company?
In general, the Lightning Round isn't a good fit for in-depth investigations into competitors, markets, or industries.
Can't I Just Google/Pay Someone $5/Have My Neighbor's Nephew Do It For Free?
Well, you could. But $5 researchers don't have access to the resources I have access to. Google can't analyze and synthesize and prioritize info like I can. Your neighbor's nephew doesn't know anything about turning info into actionable insights.
You don't have a "good enough" business, idea, product, or service, so why would you rely on "good enough" research?
If you hire me to find out what the risks are in your industry, I'm not just plugging "YOUR INDUSTRY + RISKS" into Google. I'm looking at annual reports and 10-Ks, analysts forecasts, news coverage for trending topics, reports on tangential and related industries. I'm listening to social media. I'm scouring the deep and invisible web. I'm looking behind paywalls and in databases that aren't indexed or reachable by Google or any other search engine. And when I'm done with that? I won't just dump it all into a document for you to wade through. I'll analyze and summarize and give you a final product that you can actually use. I don't just regurgitate links and facts or recycle someone else's research.
I have access to resources that provide information and insights that Google can't touch. As a former librarian turned info entrepreneur, I have the experience, expertise, and training to find the information you need quickly and to turn that information around into valuable, shareable, and actionable analyses and reports.
How Much Will It Really Cost To Work With You?
The Lightning Round is $95.
If your question is a good fit for the Lightning Round, that is all you’ll ever pay. There are no surprise, hidden fees at the end. Ever.
What If You Don't Find Anything?
While I can’t make any promises or guarantees about what I will or will not find, it’s very, very rare to come up completely empty.
Also, bear in mind that sometimes no answer is an answer. Sometimes it’s not what you find, it’s what you don’t find. Lack of information can be just as telling as a plethora of information.
I make no guarantees or promises as to what I will find. But I will never, ever say “Hey, didn’t find anything. Have a good day!” I’ll always analyze our results and give suggestions for further inquiry and exploration. In most cases, alternative information can be provided. I’ll never leave you empty handed or with a one word answer.
The one promise I can make is that the information I provide to you is as valuable to me as it is to you.